We have missed you!
As you may know, as of April 1st, the Ontario Government has decided to go into a provincial wide lock down due to the increased case counts of COVID-19.
This has led us as the Elders of King Bible Church to decide how we will navigate in-person services. As this was not an easy decision we were seeking God's wisdom. After prayer and discussion, we have discerned that we will prioritise our congregation's safety over the yearning of gathering together in person. As a result, we will continue to meet online only and we will not hold any in-person services or activities until the Ontario government moves King City to at least the Red Zone.
To help clarify how we will handle this lockdown, and any future zone changes, these will be our guidelines:
- Grey Zone — Online only
- Red Zone — Online and in-person* every 2nd service at 30% capacity
- Orange Zone — Online and in-person* every week at 30% capacity
- Yellow Zone — Online and in-person* every week at 50% capacity
- Green Zone — Praise God! Online and in-person* every week at full capacity
* In-person services will follow all of our COVID-19 procedures
We stress the importance of gathering together as a church and encourage everyone to join us online each week and in person as soon as we are able. Please continue to pray for our leaders as they make these decisions and the safety and health of the people.
We love and miss seeing everyone and we are longing for the day we can safely celebrate in person. Until then let us all stay connected and safe.
To find out when our in-person Sunday Services are scheduled, check out our calendar and subscribe, or sign up to our newsletter. Weeks we are gathering in person, please sign up via KBC's Church Center by clicking the button below.
We need your help to open safely
Finally, in order to open safely we need your help!
1) We need you to please be gracious and commit to following the various guidelines that we have had to put in place to ensure everyone's health and safety. Masks and social distancing will be required as well as sanitising your hands upon arrival.
2) We need you to sign up each week that you plan to attend our in-person services. When you sign up you will be required to answer the self assessment questions.
3) Your children are very welcome to attend these services. We know that your kids will have wiggles, or need something quiet to fiddle with, and may make a little noise; but that's all part of being a church family together. There will be tables set up at the back of the church available for families to sit at to accommodate this, and can be reserved by selecting this as an add on during registration. Therefore, please let us know whether your kids will be attending the in-person service by emailing the Kids Ministry team at email@example.com.
What's it like to be back in person at KBC?
The staff and elders at KBC have worked diligently to provide a safe environment for you to return to. But many of you may be wondering... "What is it like to be back at KBC in this new normal? Do I have to wear a mask? Will my family and I be safe?" To help put you at ease, we have put together a little video for you to explore and answer your questions.
Preparations have been made to ensure that we can provide a safe place for you and your family to worship. Like the world around us, things are going to look different. You can read about the specifics in our Re-Opening Plan which you will find by clicking the button below.
what happens the weeks that we aren't gathering in person?
During the weeks we are not gathering in person, we will continue to meet online Sundays at 10:30 am available through Facebook and YouTube. If you are not yet ready to return to in-person gatherings, the service in its entirety will be streamed live and made available on online.
What if you're not ready to return to in-person gatherings?
If you are not yet ready to return to in-person gatherings, the service in its entirety will be recorded and posted on our Facebook page and YouTube channel for you to enjoy. As well, during the weeks we are not gathering in person, we will continue to meet online Sundays at 10:30 am available through Facebook and YouTube.