KBC family, we hope you will unite with us to Praise God outside of our church walls and in your very own neighbourhoods! We would encourage you to use this as a guide for doing a Prayer Walk at any time.
Our vision is for you to intentionally go out for a walk in your neighbourhood to Praise God by praying! It’s that simple.
If you’d like to grow in prayer, Jesus gives us excellent guidance for effective prayer which has 5 key components:
"This, then, is how you should pray: “ ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. ’”" Matthew 6:9-13 (NIV)
- Praising God: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name
- Allegiance to God: your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
- God’s Provision: Give us today our daily bread.
- Confession to God: And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
- God’s Protection: And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
Here are some prayer point suggestions as you go prayer walking:
For the world
- Thank God for being in control and for what He is doing in the world through this Pandemic.
- Pray for God to touch hearts and lives so many people around the world would come to know Jesus.
- Pray for God to be with the Leaders around the world as they navigate through these challenging times and make important decisions.
- Pray for wisdom, encouragement and strength for the Church leaders, staff & Missionaries around the world as they faithfully serve Him.
- Pray for the people around the world to turn to Christ and grow deeper in their relationships with Jesus.
- Pray for God’s provision for those hungry, sick and/or suffering.
- Confess sin in the world and seek God’s forgiveness as mankind living in this generation.
- Ask God for His protection from Covid-19 and the evil one for people around the world.
For your neighbourhoods
- Praise God for who He is and for His love for your neighbours and neighbourhood.
- Welcome Him into your neighbourhood.
- Thank Him specifically for relationships you have built with neighbours.
- Pray for God to reveal why He placed you in your neighbourhood and for the work He has planned for you to do.
- Ask God to reveal your Spiritual giftings and how He wants you to use those in your neighbourhood for His glory.
- Pray for God to show you opportunities to support your neighbours and to give you a deeper desire to want to make a difference in their lives.
- Pray specifically for neighbours by name and for their needs.
- Confess anything God has asked you to do around the neighborhood or for your neighbours that you haven’t done.
- Seek God’s protection for the neighbours, schools and businesses in your area.
For your life
- Verbalize who God is to you and what He means in your life.
- Thank God specifically for what He has done in your life and for who He created you to be.
- Reflect on your Spiritual journey. Thank God for the prayers He has answered and pray for what you wait in hopeful expectation for Him to answer.
- Pray about how God wants you to grow spiritually in the year to come.
- Pray to hear the prompting of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for boldness, conviction and passion to serve God faithfully each day.
- Pray for healing in your life in any areas that need attention.
- Surrender your burdens to the Lord.
- Ask God to refresh you, renew you and use you.
- Seek God’s protection as you pursue Him.
We are called to pray together and for one another. If you'd like to submit a prayer request, speak to someone to pray about something privately together, or would like to share your prayer request with the church through our prayer chain — Please don't hesitate to contact us using the button below or just email firstname.lastname@example.org. These requests are sent around to our Prayer Chain, so please mention if you would not like your request to be shared and we will ensure your prayer request is kept private.
We would love to pray for you and with you.