We Believe In...
- The divine authority and full inspiration of the Bible
- The Trinity of the Godhead
- The deity and virgin birth of Jesus Christ
- The personality and deity of the Holy Spirit
- The total depravity of man by nature through the fall
- The atonement of the blood of Christ and Salvation by grace through faith and regeneration by the Spirit
- The believer’s assurance and security
- The sanctification of the believer as to position and progress
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit, placing all believers in Jesus Christ
- The giftedness of all believers for works of service
- The unity of the true church in Jesus Christ
- The imminent return of Christ, the blessed Hope of the church, and His earthly reign in millennial glory
- The resurrection of the body
- The eternal blessedness of the saved and the eternal punishment of the lost
- The personality of Satan
- The ordinances of believer's baptism and the Lord’s Table (Communion)
Salvation is God’s free gift to us but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith we are saved.
Baptism provides a reasonable test of our faith in Christ. It also provides a needed vehicle for expression of that faith. It provides a common experience for unity. It is a meaningful symbol of the cleansing available in Christ. Baptism is something everyone who accepts the Lordship of Christ should want to do
To read a full version of our beliefs click here.